Thursday, May 24, 2012


Edwin Matthews
3rd  period
Why I’m Not a Poet

I play sports I’m not supposed
To talk about my feelings
Right?
I’m supposed to be big and
Tough, not soft and writing all
About my feelings right?
Plus I’m not that good at poetry, but
Sports I’m really good at.
Only if I could right my thoughts
Down on a page as well as
I could catch a ball or high jump.
“Come to practice” says my coach
“Practice and you could get a scholarship”
My problem with poetry is that I don’t practice
Like I practice for sports, imagine if I did.
I could be good…. Right
But that is why I’m not a poet.

Why I’m not a Poet Analysis
This poem started off as a conversation poem, but as I went on I realized that I couldn’t really think of a way to put a conversation into the poem I was writing. So what I ended up doing was put random little pieces of dialog into the poem were it fit. Also when I typed it out I changed the format of the poem and decided to center it because I thought I would look nicer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment