Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fish Fight


We sat there without flinching as a bas the size of “Jaws” was swimming around its spawning ground.  It swam in circles while it chased the blue gills which looked telescopic compared to the massive creature.  Brandon and I fought over the size of the fish.  He thought it was five pounds and 19 inches, and I thought it was six pounds and pounds and 19 inches.  So after sitting there, I stopped arguing and threw my worm into the water.   Right as the worm hit the water the mini-waves of the ripple scared the monster away.  But, I did not give up. I tried to irritate it by wiggling the worm around its territory like one of the blue gills.  Right that second, the fish appeared out of the brown murky water like a flash. Figuring this was a smart fish; we started to set the worm right in the middle of its nest and started to jerk the loose rubble in the nest.  Then, the fish got fed up and struck at the bait.  The giant fish bit the hook, and I yanked the pole.  I sat there fighting the fish for three minutes, then five minutes, then ten minutes.  Right then, the fish jumped up and broke through the water like a bullet crashing through glass.  Brandon jumped off the ledge and grabbed the fish by the mouth.  Guess what- I was wrong- it was exactly 5 pounds and 19 inches.  It was a nice fish.


This was just a little short that i decided to
write about to show how much i love fishing, 
and what i catch when i am doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment